Monday, December 24, 2007

Got our presents a little early

Our ActiTrainer's have arrived this morning thanks to prompt shipping by Actigraph and the magic of Fedex.

Each of our devices was neatly packaged with all the accessories included.

I was able to install the software to communicate with the ActiTrainers and was able to successfully initialize our devices without incident. Only took about 10 minutes to get each one setup and started.

Placed the ActiTrainer in the provided belt holster and began doing my usual daily things.

After walking around the house for a few hours doing chores I was surprised how few steps this level of activity produced. I have read that you should try to walk 10,000 steps a day. I had no idea how short of this amount I have been all this time.

So after determining that I was going to have to walk some more... I got out of the house and went for a walk with our dog around the neighborhood. This added about 4,000 steps to my count but again I thought to myself I am a long way from 10,00 steps ... so then I went Christmas shopping for my wife... this is afterall what men are supposed to do on Christmas Eve.

And a few thousand steps later after finding the perfect gifts I was still only at 8 thousand steps.

How far can 10,000 steps be.... well by this time I was deterimined to get 10,000 steps in before Santa arrived. So I kept walking and finally after all this ... I made it 10,817 steps.

No comments: